Saturday, September 11, 2010

First Week!

Hello there my dearest blog readers!
This week has been awesome! I am in love with Herrnhut! The forest is beautiful! The sky is bright blue with GIANT, fluffy, whimsical clouds. And the people in the DTS with me are awesome! They are all so cool and I think I we will all be great friends!

We all get assigned a 'chore' that we do everyday to keep the castle clean and tidy. We got to choose our chore that we help with, but then we keep that same chore. I make dinner for everyone with one of my roommates, Bethany. I have 5 roommates. Marie is from Norway, Eva is from Germany, Alli is from northern California, Bethany is from Colorado, and Kaitlyn is from Arizona. I am very happy with my roommates, they are all really great.

The other day i was sitting outside writing, and then a bus of other YWAMERS yelled out the window, "hey Becca, Want to come to Czech?!" and I said "check what?!" and they replied in laughter "no no, Czech Republic!" and so i weighed my options.... "Sure, can I go get some stuff?" and the Australian Girl, Laura shouted "Can you come as you are?!?!" and So i jumped in the bus in my slippers and we were off to Czech Republic. We went to a mall there and saw some rad buildings; A court house, which reminded me of the Beauty and the Beast castle, an old museum, and some others that i didn't know what they were.

Today Katya, Janina (pronounced Yanina), Eva, and I went into town and took pictures and ran errands and adventured. Janina and Eva are from Germany, so they have been teaching me German. Eva is one of my roommates, and she's also been teaching me to read German. Jonas, who is from Switzerland, let me borrow a bible that is half German, half English so I can practice. I'm having a lot of fun learning!

On wednesday we start our art classes and I'm really looking forward to that. I am doing writing and photography. YAY ok well I better go, I have limited Internet =) bye bye for now!

1 comment:

Casey said...

SO good to know you are safe! I enjoyed the update. :D